On the 4th September I met in Edinburgh with Chris Warburton-Brown and Nigel White from the Permaculture Association to discuss the design of online resources for the VKRF funded project: Information for Action on Climate Change.
A particularly productive and warm-hearted design meeting that garnered agreement on key decisions concerning the project:
- Regular Skype sessions on the first Thursday of every month at 11a.m.
- Nigel to handle the development of the online system
- Myself to provide UX experience, in the first instance wire-frames of the simplified card-based interface solutions and the broader detailed web pages
- The need to employ a designer around December time
- Employing the services of a marketing expert
- A plan to focus efforts on developing one solution for each of the main climate change challenge areas:
- The economy
- Social organising
- Personal resilience
- Changing world-views
It’s an exciting project with great potential for follow-on funding, possibly via crowdsourcing.